Friday, December 12, 2008

another weekend in salt lake...

So this last weekend I went to Salt Lake AGAIN! I never go there and now I go 2 weekends in a row..way too much time in a car is all I have to say. This time I went cause one of my good friends from hair school got married and she was having a luncheon thing..so me and my mom (thank you very much by the way for going with me) headed up Thursday morning and went straight to the luncheon. Then we wanted to go shopping of course but we didn't want to wander around in our heels and dresses but we didn't want to drive all the way to Brandon and Janna's house to change so what do you think our bright idea was..yes that's right, change in the car. It was probably one of the funniest things ever. Anyway we did some shopping and that night went to Temple Square to see the lights. It was actually kind of disappointing, I mean don't get me wrong it was pretty but not what I remember it looking like. Oh well it was fun. That night we stayed at Brandon and Janna's house (by the way thanks for letting us stay, you make us feel very welcome!) and Friday we did some more shopping. We went to Ikea and holy crap...if you think Tai Pan is huge then you haven't seen nothin! That place is ridiculous, when you walk in the doors and there is a locker for your purse and what not, a day care, a map of the store, and a food court you know you're in trouble. We actually didn't stay there very long, my mom was getting overwhelmed. But I did purchase a rubber spatula for 63 cents. What a deal! Then Friday night we got to go to another Jazz game..yep that's right another one..that's like 3 within a week. It was so fun! Me, my mom, my Aunt Kim, and Aunt Janna went. We had some pretty good food and it was fun to have a girls night out! Then Saturday morning me and my mom headed back to Cedar. OH and on the way home we stopped in Nephi cause it seems like everyone on my family talks about "sticky chicken" and I have never had it before. So we stopped and got some and it is amazing! and of course I had to get a slurpee to go with it!!!


Girls night at the Jazz game


Me and Mamacita at Temple Square

Me and Court at Lex's Lunch

mmm..chicken and slurpee!!

3 comments:

Claudine said...

Such a cute post. I loved the photos. Keep em coming! Grams

Chauntelle Graf Photography said...

jexka!!! I love your hair in the lil bun thing... its those pills I swear, thats how its long enough to do that!! haha. And its good to see that you wore that lovely orange dress that you practically pulled your hair out from stressing about it haha... and ps, cant wait for next wednesday!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Janna said...

We were so glad that you came and stayed with us again! Yes, very fun to have a GNO. You are welcome to stay here anytime and wear my clothes...lol. Guess what?? I finally got the stain out of the shirt. Dawn dish soap....takes the grease out. You may need to know this for future reference. I found it on the internet.
I also found out that my nephew is moving back to SLC.
I better be your fav aunt forever.