Monday, June 29, 2009

Flowers and such

For those of you that don't know, before I moved to Cedar I worked at a flower shop for 2 years. I loved every second of it. I started as customer service but worked my way up to a designer. That was probably the best job ever and I miss it like crazy! Well since then I haven't had the chance to get my hands on some flowers, I think there was one weekend I went home and helped with weddings at the shop. But this past weekend a girl I work with at the salon got married and I got to do her boquet!! I was so excited..and a little nervous cause it had been so long, what if I lost my touch! But I didn't haha. I loved the way it turned out!! But it made me miss the flowers business a lot.



The Final Product!




AND......



I made a quilt! Yes, me. Well kind of, I could have never done it without my Aunt Kim and Grandma (and my mom was the best supervisor ever). A few weeks ago my Aunt Kim to visit and she tied a few quilts and I got the bug. So she said she would help me. We all know my grandma has enough fabric for the german army so I raided her stash. ha. We had a good time tieing and visiting. Thanks Grams for the fabric and doing the edges for me. I love it!!

Here it is folks.

6 comments:

Steph and Hunter said...

Yay for updated blogs! You are quite the crafty woman aren't you? I am very impressed with your skills! However... flowers was your BEST JOB EVER? WHAT? I think you are forgetting your DOUBLE BEST JOB EVER working with me!!!

Ha ha! So I am totally kidding! I can't imagine why you would want to create beautiful flower arrangements over changing diapers, cleaning up messes, and wipeing runny noses... I mean really? What's not to love?!? ;)

Danon & Bree said...

Wow! Aren't you quite the domestic Goddess! I am so proud! Love your projects! Hooray! Hey we still need ot go for a walk or something... call me!

Rex and Paula said...

Ya, Jessika! You ARE crafty. No way you have not lost your touch with the flowers..And you know I was more than a good supervisor, I can thread a needle like no other!
I love ya! mom

Claudine said...

I love it when you update your blog site. The flowers are beautiful and the quilt...........well it shoould fill up your cedar chest quite nicely.

Lindsey said...

well arent you turning into quite the molly mormon. i guess its the cedar life. :)
love you seeeester.

Janna said...

You are talented like crazy!
I've been trying to get the drive to put quilt together, but it never seems to happen. Maybe you could do it for me?