Monday, June 22, 2009

Footloose and Fishing

This last Thursday night me, my mom, Lindsey, my grandma, and my aunt Trisha made a trip down to St. George to go to Tuacahn to see Footloose. I haven't even seen the movie so I didn't know what to expect. But it was so good!! I highly recommend it. Before the play we went to dinner at Teaxs Roadhouse..YUM! We had such a good time with just the girls..and special thanks to Grandma for being a good sport..haha. We sure got a kick outof her that night!




Momma, Trisha, and Linds at dinner.

Me and Grams.


Pretty sure that drink was as big as her face.

All of us at dinner.

All of us at Tuachan




Then on Friday I went on my first fishing trip! Me, my parents, my grandpa and my dad's friend Gary went to Otter Creek. It ended up being pretty fun. First of all we left at 5:30 so I was not a happy camper but it's ok I got to nap on the way. We finally made it there and started "trolling", I like to sound fancy and make you think I know what I'm talking about. ha. That part was way boring. I thought if this is what it's going to be like all day just shoot me now. But luckily it wasn't. The handy dandy fish finder led us to what was supposed to be a good spot and we parked it. Gary and my grandpa caught one. Then all the sudden I felt a bite. Pretty sure everyone on the lake could hear me..I made quite the scene. I was freaking out cause I didn't know what to do. ha. After that I caught 3 more. Anyway, it turned out to be a pretty good trip!


Reeling it in!

Our spots. I don't think we moved from them. haha. Good spot to catch a few zzz's too.

My first fish!! I was too scared to hold it. ha.

Gary with his fish.

The Banana Boat. Oh yeah, be jealous!

The Captain.

Grandpa gutting the fish.

All the fish!!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

trolling?! ahahahah fancy fancy. whats even more fancy is the banana boat.

Rex and Paula said...

You forgot to mention the "triple teaser"! I was so tired that morning I didn't have the strength to chew. Haha... That WAS a fun couple of days--even though I felt like crap. Im glad YOU caught some fish.

Danon & Bree said...

Killer fish man! You are always doing gun stuff! Still planning on going to New York? Let me know! I found killer deals to broadway! We gotta go walking and catch up!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!! A new blog and fishing to boot!!! Nice looking fish, and why are you scared?? Just what do you think a dead fish will do to you??? I love the banana boat!!Sweet ride....Okay and I am a little bummed to be left out of the footloose loop!!I am a big as fan as anyone,, well 4 days and counting, off to wonderful Montana whooooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm so happy you finally got to go on your fishing trip YAY Jessika. Also you were in Otter Creek and you didn't visit you know that is only like an hour or so from me! But I'm glad you had luck on your 1st trip I sure didn't.

Claudine said...

This was such a good post that I'm sorry that I wasn't the first one to comment. You sure have some good photos. Gary looks like he hasn't slept for days! Finally a new post for Jessika!! Love Ya...

Mikayla Skouson said...

Jessika, I love you!!
You guys are so fun and I love the pictures.
I also love the fact that you wouldnt hold your own fish. Typical of you! Ha ha you are funny
Hope everything is going well with you!!

Irma Chauntelle Graf said...

woah, major break through!! Jessika actually blogged!! talk about a miracle. haha anyways, fishing... thats brave of you and dont worry, I wouldnt have held my own fish either, gross.

Vernile said...

Texas Roadhouse is my favorite! Sounds like the fishing was fun. I want to go next time.

Janna said...

I wanna go too!

Robyn said...

hey - surprise surprise - your 'aunt trisha' - she grew up in my ward!!! how in the world are you related to my trisha black? holy cow - what a surprise!!!! she was one of 'my girls' back then...and you are one of 'my girls' more recently! tell her i said hi next time you see her. how funny!!!!!